.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

He is so nice, they named him twice!


Today is a sad day for me. There is a deep, dark, chasm of despair in my heart that once was filled with light and love. I am in mourning for a loss that will take some time to get over. Here are a couple of pics that show perfectly what my dismay is all about.

Before the tragedy:



After the tragedy:



Those bastards at Manchester United sold away my Djemba-Djemba. Yes I will get through this... There will still be Keano, Smithy, Alfred E. Rooney, and the Angel Garbriel. But damn it... it won't be the same.

As you may be able to tell by the links to the left, I love the English Premier League. Being in the US, there is only so much English football available to watch on t.v. That is, unless you are from Manhattan and can live at Nevada Smiths.

Thank the Lord for Fox Sports World and Nick and Steven at Fox Football Friday, who bring me up to date every Friday at 9:00 p.m EST. Nick and Steven actually helped to save my marriage! But that is another story...

Back to Eric Djemba-Djemba. My husband, the Prince Consort, and I had a wonderful time this past Summer in Philadelphia seeing Manchester United play Glasgow Celtic. It wasn't a pretty sight, but it was fun. The day before the match, we were lucky enough to attend the practice session, where we met about 90% of the team and they were kind enough to sign our Man UTD flag and match day program. The players were very nice and polite, but out of all the people we met, the person that left the one of the biggest impressions was Eric Djemba-Djemba. He was smiling, laughing, and was just thrilled to be there, unlike those pansy ass Neville brothers, Phil and Gary. He gave the Prince and I just a great, positive vibe. Ever since then, I have been a Djemba-Djemba cheerleader! Just saying his name is fun too, try it!

Today, Sir Alex Ferguson sold him to Aston Villa, who I used to like, but now am their sworn enemy since my other favorite team, Sheffield United, beat them soundly! What am I to do? Do I suck it up and root again for Aston Villa or do I forsake the midfielder from Cameroon, who is so nice, they named him twice? I hope that he has a fabulous career and at least he will get more playing time.

Good luck Djemba-Djemba and thank you for your classy play and demeanor!

Stay cool and safe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen of the Land said...

GOPGoddess, it is always great to run into another soccer fan! And a female one at that! You just get better and better! I think Thierry Henry is one of the best players on this pitch today... and probably for many years to come. He really is poetry in motion.

Oh, and by the way, don't hate us because we kicked some Gooner butt yesterday :^D My Roy Keane and Patrick Viera had a bit of a scuffle yesterday in the tunnel. Did you catch the game on Fox Sports World? It was great! Well, that is for us :-Þ

7:41 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home