.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Thursday, February 03, 2005

A Coupla Coppolas ...


So, I was trying to decide what to blog about today. I am pretty bored and really have nothing in particular to spout off about. There are many news stories that tick me off, but I just don't have the energy to comment. My day has been pretty so, so. No big excitement, no big whoop, nada...

I was thinking, "Has anything momentous happened to me recently?" ... Ah, yeessss... got it...

I have a new love. Don't tell the Prince Consort though. The love affair need not affect our mutual devotion. My new sensual obsession is tall, dark, shiny smooth, and oozes silky flavor that goes down superbly... He fills me with warmth and sultry passion, beyond my wildest dreams. When I am through with him, I am totally sated. I couldn't be more relaxed, with the lovely taste of him that stays on my palate for hours. The bliss of my repast of him makes me weak.

Okay you swine, get out of the gutter...



I adore wine... I really adore wine. I absolutely LOVE this wine ... I want to elope with this wine!

I have a fabulous sister, who will hence forth be known here as the Flame of Cheshire. We love each other's company and we have much in common. Our interests are similar... you know those Royal interests: champagne, diamonds, wine, antiques, diamonds, jewelry, and of course... diamonds.

She was kind enough to include me in a private sale that was offered to her at a local shop. You see, grocery stores and liquor stores are kind of like my crack houses... I can't help but go beserk, especially when I have cash burning in my pocket. Anyhoo ...

One of the brands that were available were wines from the Niebaum-Coppola Winery. I knew that Francis Ford Coppola had bought a vineyard and basically brought it back from near ruin. I don't know anything about the Niebaum partner. I had always wanted to try the wines from there, but I never came across them locally. Needless to day I was thrilled. I bought a Merlot, Chardonnay, and Syrah. The Flame of Cheshire recently uncorked her Merlot and offered me a sampling. It was absolutely fabulous! Smooth... no bite that you normally find in the Australian Merlots... a lovely relaxing feeling overcame us... not so much a buzz, but just a *SIGH*. I suspect, better than valium!

I did some research on this particular vintage and this is the info from the winesheet I found at The Lifford Wine Agency

Grape Variety:
86% Merlot
14% Syrah

Alcoholic Content:
13.5%

Vineyards:
100% Paso Robles and Monterey County

Total Acidity:
0.57g/100ml

pH:
3.63

Barrel-aging:
12 months French oak

Winemaker:
Corey Beck

Vineyard Report:
Grapes for the Diamond Series Merlot come from the Coastal Valleys of Paso Robles and Monterey County. These vineyards are chosen specifically for their superb growing conditions. New World growing techniques of leaf pulling and crop thinning improve the quality of the grapes, allowing them to reach the correct balance and optimum ripeness. Here the grapes ripen in mid-October, which is ideal for maximum flavour and colour accumulation, and they are then hand picked to preserve their quality. By blending grapes from these regions, we can create a wine that promotes the attributes of each area and a wine that is truly complementary to its components. When the grapes are of such a high quality, the result is in the bottle.

Winemaker's Notes:
The Francis Coppola Diamond Series wines are made from grapes grown in California's coastal and inland valleys. These areas consistently provide optimal growing conditions necessary to produce wines of exquisite style. Rich and ripe, the Diamond Series wines represent the individual varieties, accentuated by oak barrel aging, resulting in complex and robust wines.

Tasting Notes:
Our Blue Label Merlot has brilliant, deep garnet colour with aromas of bright red cherries and clove spice. Supple red plum and black cherry flavours highlight the palate, with subtle notes of light milk chocolate and vanilla bean evident on the long finish.

Food Pairings:
Roasted pork chops, steak, baked rigatoni with seasonal vegetables

Silver Medal — 2004 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition


I highly recommend it... it has the Royal Seal of approval! Remember, don't drink and drive ... Marry a designated driver like I did!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home