.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

José and the Pussy Cats aren't in Treble!


"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager."
-- José Mourinho, Chelsea Manager

Scouser (skaus-sir): Brit. Inf. ~n. a person who comes from Liverpool.

"For my enemy is dead, a man divine as myself is dead, I look where he lies white-faced and still in the coffin..."
-- Walt Whitman

This will probably be the only time I rooted for the Scousers. You see, the Scousers that I refer are the Liverpool Football Club. They are Manchester United's sworn enemy and, since Man Utd have pledged their troth to me, they are now my enemy...

Alright... here comes the admission... Man Utd had one sucky year... I could say that injuries are the cause, but I won't use that excuse. They just sucked. They will be lucky to win the FA cup and to make it into second place (quite iffy). The glory that is still Man Utd is the fact that they are the only English Premier League Football team to win the Treble, which consisted of the FA Cup, the Premiership, and the Champions League in 1999. To win all the major silverware, a Quadruple, would consist of the FA Cup, Carling Cup, Premiership, and the Champions League. WE WANT NO ONE TO MATCH US OR EXCEED US.

With this in mind, today was an excellent day for Man Utd! You ask why? The Scousers BEAT Chelskea 1-0 in the Champions League Semi-Final! Woo Hoo!!! This means that José and the Pussy Cats are out of any chance in getting a treble! They also won the Carling Cup and the Premiership, so they really had a great shot at it. *PHEW* José Mourinho is one cocky bastard. If he could just shut his pie hole, it would be much better. I'd rather not hear crap from that pretty face.

I will give them props for winning the Premiership, the first time in 50 years! Congratulations to Steven Cohen on their Premiership win and congratulation to Nick Geber on Liverpool's advance in the Champions League. Liverpool with play either AC Milan or PSV Eindhoven for the Cup. If PSV wins, I will root against the Scousers. As you might know, PSV is Ruud Van Nistelrooy's former team in Holland and the current team of a GREAT American striker, DaMarcus "Ain't No Pansy Ass Landon Donovan" Beasley. If AC Milan wins, I will hope for a Liverpool win. AC Milan is just too creepy for me...

Anyhoo! It was a good day for the Man U Psyche!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home