.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's heeerrrreeee.....


"Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart,
with fasting, and weeping, and mourning;
Rend your hearts, not your garments,
and return to the LORD, your God."
-- Joel 2:12-13

"What? Oh God, is it Lent again already?"
-- Imperius in Ladyhawke

"So what'd ya' give up for Lent?"
-- Patrick in The Brothers McMullen

Yup... it's that time again. Lent is upon us. As any good practicing Catholic knows, one is supposed to choose an appropriate sacrifice and quietly, penitently, dedicate one's self to keeping the promise. A perfect Catholic will not even mention what the sacrifice is, but will humbly bear it throughout this fair Lenten season.

Well... I figure, none of you really know me. You just see me as your devoted just, glorious Queen. Someone to be in awe in and not to get too close to. In light of that... I feel I can probably bitch and moan about what I am sacrificing. It will assist me in getting out all my whining and I really won't have crossed the line... Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

So... I have given up the booze. This is going to be a tough one... The Flame of Cheshire, the Chief, and I are devoting ourselves to an alcohol free Lent. This may seem like not a big deal, but I we will miss it greatly! It has helped us deal with insomnia, drama, and dry mouth. It is the perfect nectar of the Gods... oops... I mean God.

How will I go without my one nightly adult beverage? I usually choose from a Guinness, a Harp, a Bass or a nice wine. My current wine selection has been a sassy little Dienhard Green Label Riesling. Yummy! Nothing like relaxing with a soothing elixir. Ah, a Queen can dream. When I am pining during the next 40 days, I can just revisit this page and see my beloved Satan sauces.

I am also trying to be better about exercise. I really loathe it, but I have worked pretty hard with my trainer for the past two years. She has moved on to bigger and better things, but has been great in calling me weekly and checking up that I am doing the work twice a week as usual ... Okay, so I fibbed to her about the last two weeks, but with Lent being the dark specter above me, I think I can get back on track. I am also going to try to commit to 20 minutes a day on the exercise bike.

I am also trying to be better about my eating and going to Mass weekly. *SIGH* I am probably taking on too much, but I guess I always do! Ah, well... at least the ambition and thought is there, if not the discipline.

Wish me luck my children, since tomorrow is Friday, my usual day to booze it up! I am going to have to figure out something else to do to deal with the stress of dealing with the paranoid wackjobs at work. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home