.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Kitty Croaked :^(

"Of all God’s creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
-- Mark Twain

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath,
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty.
Thou art not conquered."
-- Romeo Montague, Romeo & Juliet

"Dogs have owners... Cats have staff."
--Anonymous

The beginning of March was extremely difficult for the Prince Consort and me. On March 3rd, the Prince found our beloved cat prostrate on our kitchen floor. We both rushed her to the animal hospital, but unfortunately, she was in a bad way to the extent that she had to be put down. We don't know if she had a stroke or a heart attack or if her kidney's finally gave out, so we decided to put her to rest. It was horrible!

We had to focus that she was 17 years old, so that is fabulous for a cat to live that long. Our girl was a grumpy one who loved us, but hated everyone else. She loathed going to the vet and it was always traumatic for her.

I had been given her as a gift from a previous admirer. It was just the two of us for a while until my Prince came along. She was extremely skittish, was terrified of everything, and didn't really like affection! She also quacked like a duck as opposed to meowing like a cat. She sounds like a terror, but was very human-like.

When she met the Prince, it was love at first sight... of course she always like men more than women, but with them it was special. I have to admit, I was a bit jealous now and then. I would come home and would get the look... "Why do you continue to come back. Can't you see we want to be alone?"

When the Prince and I came back from our honeymoon back in 2000, she was a different cat! She wanted pets, I got her to like to be held, and just within the past year, she drank out of a glass for her water. I kid you not! She liked it with 3 ice cubes! We were a really happy little family... even if at times I thought she was a little bitch in a cheap fur coat!

In the late Spring, we are burying the "decorative tin" that she returned in. Very surreal! *SNIFF*

I really do miss her.

Stay cool and safe!

1 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

My heart goes out to you and Kane/Prince Consort! You remember back when I was in Hawaii and had to make the decision to put down Syd Vicious, then just a year later his sister, Tabby followed.

It absolutely broke my heart...I wasn't sure that I would ever "go through this again", but I'm happy to have Seldan and Lelani in our lives.

BTW, neither one of our cats sound like other cats. Seldan makes a peeping noise and Leilani barely makes a sound at all. It's probably because they could want for nothing...we give them everything they could want - and it seems we have a psychic bond, so why meow?

3:25 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home