.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Monday, April 04, 2005

Good Night, Sweet Prince, And Flights of Angels Sing Thee to Thy Rest!

"When you wonder about the mystery of yourself, look to Christ, who gives you the meaning of life. When you wonder what it means to be a mature person, look to Christ, who is the fulfillness of humanity. And when you wonder about your role in the future of the world … look to Christ."
-- Pope John Paul II

I find it comforting to know that Papa lived such a long, full life. As a youth he was into acting, sports, music ... normal things, primitive, human things, if you know what I mean. He was a man before he was a priest. In his native Poland, he lived a regular existence. His roots were integral to the humble, amazing, bold reign he had as the Holy See.


I was lucky... no, I think people say lucky when they don't have the guts to say blessed. I was blessed to have the opportunity to see him in Central Park on October 7, 1995. He lived up to the hype. I think people want to believe that the leader of their faith community is something special, Godly, mystical. It gives confirmation to ones faith and it doesn't make one feel stupid for believing and not seeing.

Papa did not disappoint. He most certainly had the vibe. I remember looking around and wondering if it was just me. But it wasn't. Everyone was mesmerized by his charisma. We were all awe inspired.

When you think about how they choose the Pope, you can't help but be leery as to how meditative it really is. With our jadedness, we expect that politics is a major factor is the choosing. No matter how or why John Paul II was chosen, there is no doubt in my mind that he was the one God meant to be chosen.

Some of his work included bringing attention to the poor, changing the position of the Church on the death penalty, apologizing for the Church's role in the Crusades and Holocaust, helping give youth a valid face and worth in the Church, reaching out to validate all other faiths, and helping the end of Communism. Amazing, revolutionary.

There still is much to be done and it will be interesting to see who will be next chosen. The Church is at a crossroads and this next Pope will have to be quick in mind and in heart. God bless the College of Cardinals (except that &*#@$ Bernard Law who should be defrocked) and may they pray humbly for God's guidance.

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home