.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Monday, April 11, 2005

If only they were really taking him away in shackles...


"Evil is something you recognise immediately you see it: it works through charm."
-- Brian Masters

[This post contains adult language. Reader's discretion is advised.]

So... I am livid. I am furious. I have been this way for a few days ... since Thursday, when I heard the happy news. Bernie Law gets to be a celebrant at one of the major Masses honoring JPII in Rome. Never have I felt more kicked in the teeth. Right off the bat, I will say that I think JPII has not been making decisions for the past few years. I think they basically wheeled him out and propped him up. I mean no disrespect by saying this, but some of the statements and decisions attributed to him over the past few years do not sound like him. I may be naive, but that is my take. This is something I just have to believe, because if it is true... I just couldn't deal... I just would not be acceptable.

Please keep my opinion in mind if you read some of the links I am about to provide below. Some will seem less than gracious toward Papa. To me, what they say about Bernie outweighs the critique of our former Holy See.

So back to the fucker, Bernie... I have always LOATHED Bernie. He, from day one, has been an arrogant, condescending, pompous misogynist prick. This is even before it was revealed that he purposefully and premeditatedly covered up the biggest child abuse scandal our fair USA has ever experienced. It was very brotherly of him to shuffle the accused onto new, brighter victims pastures. That period of time when the abuse was let known and his part was shown made my head want to explode. The anger I felt. *GGRR*

One of the things at that time that warmed the cockles of heart was that the senior Senator of the State of Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy, a devout Catholic himself, valiantly deemed himself the avenger to those abused and their families, fearlessly calling for the resignation of Bernie for his part in the heinous events. Defending his constituency was heart warming... Oops! Who am I kidding. Bernie is a family friend! Teddy did nothing. If only Teddy had taken Bernie on a nice long ride over some bridge, I would be a happy girl today. (Is that laughter I hear from the Republican Princess?)

Anyhoo... My favorite atheist anarchist, Christopher Hitchens, seems to feel the same way about Bernie as I do. I heartily regret missing him on the Dennis Miller Show the other night, when he ripped Bernie a new one...

Sure, Bernie eventually resigned, and following his resignation and going on a retreat from which he could contemplate the injustice of being blamed for others' sexual misconduct, he was given a sweet gig at St. Mary Major Basilica, one of four Basilicas in Rome under the direct jurisdiction of the Vatican, with a monthly salary of at least $12,000. If you followed the Christopher Hitchens link I provided, he points out that Bernie also gets to sit on two boards supervising priestly discipline and the appointment of diocesan bishops. Now he even gets to be one of the 117 that decides on the new Pope! YOU have got to be fuckin' kidding me!!!

Back to the Mass... I keep getting sidetracked.... *GGRR* I have to give major props to Barbara Blaine of the Survivors Network of those Abused, who traveled to Rome to protest Bernie being given this honor. Eventhough the police quickly scuttled her away, she did get some press and was able to state her dismay, speaking for those who have been hurt by the appointment and the honor. Bravo for pushing the injustice in their face.

Justice is a swift sword and has pierced the evil... no wait...that didn't happen. I figure if that son of a bitch, Bernie gets to live his last days out in plush peace, there must be one hell of a room (pun definitely intended) waiting for him in the afterlife. And it will be bad... really bad... there are a number of serial rapist there ready for duty I am sure. I am counting on the Great Equalizer to come through for me.

Stay cool and safe! And may that bastard Bernie rot in Hell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My decided lack of comments in the past have led the Queen of the Da..., errr I mean Land, to doubt my daily pilgrimage to her blog.

I can only vow that her's is the first blog to be read on my daily quests beyond the mundane.

As always, your everlovin' humble servant...

10:13 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home