.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

By the Beard of Zeus, I Have Found the Demon Juice!


"A bottle of wine begs to be shared; I have never met a miserly wine lover."
-- Clifton Fadiman

"It is time to get drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of Time, get drunk; get drunk without stopping! On wine, on poetry, or on virtue, as you wish."
-- Charles Baudelaire

"Wine is a little like love; when the right one comes along, you know it."
-- Bolla Advertising Department

"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
-- Ron Burgundy

"I love wine. Winey, wine, wine. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
-- Queen of the Land

The title is true... Gloriously true. So, I am at the Flame of Cheshire's house for my weekly Friday cocktail. I have been so looking forward relaxing with an adult beverage after the crappy week I had. The Flame had just gotten a new wine that she wanted to try, which was Forest Glen Forest Fire White Merlot. I had never had a White Merlot, so I was quite enthusiastic to launch into what I hoped was a sassy bouquet.

According to various on-line sources, a White Merlot is made the same way as its more famous cousin, White Zinfandel. The grapes are crushed, and after very brief or even no skin contact, the resulting pink "must" ferments. It normally has a hint of raspberry flavor. White Merlot was reputedly first marketed in the late 1990s...

I'd like to add that the Forest Glen Forest Fire White Merlot gets you hammered... completely out of your gourd ... in other words, roaring drunk. It was indeed quite flavorful and stealthily snuck up on the Flame and I. It works as well as a Micky. One minute we are sitting sipping this tasty treat, commenting how different and delicious it was, then the next we are like... "Oh my ass, are you cocked, I'm cocked!?". Needless to say, the Prince Consort (every so dreamy!) was summoned to take me home. There was no way I was driving anywhere.

The Forest Fire was fast and furious. I would not say that it had a nice finish or that it compared to a finer wine, such as a Coppola. This was basically a jug of wine, a can of spicy cajun Pringles (see wine review below for how ironic that is), and thou, being the Flame of Cheshire. I wouldn't recommend it as a regular indulgence, but if you need surgery and they have no anesthetic, drink up! The Devil is come to town and he arrived in that damn bottle.

Forest Glen Forest Fire White Merlot

It's totally new! Totally fun! Forest Glen's Forest Fire is a bold, zingy, fruity White Merlot that really complements all the hot, spicy, assertive foods you love. Try Forest Fire chilled with crispy Asian spring roll, grilled fish, barbeque, hot tamales, sizzling Thai pizza, chili-spiked sauces or spicy onion "flowers"...the cool complement to fire & spice!

"THE BEST CALIFORNIA WHITE MERLOT WE KNOW...a mouthwatering wine with character. Delicious." --Quarterly Review of Wines, Summer 2001

Forest Glen White Merlot begins with a brilliant hue of reddish-pink. The aroma is reminiscent of fresh-cut watermelon, but the taste is cold raspberries and cream. The wine finishes with a slightly sweet balance and is at its best when chilled.


Be careful kiddies and DON'T drink and drive!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home