.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Thursday, May 19, 2005

CBS, Nobody Cancels God! And ABC and NBC, You Too Can Kiss My Royal Ass ...


"When television is good, nothing is better. When it's bad, nothing is worse."
-- Newton N. Minow

"We forget cruelty and past betrayal, heedless of where the next bright bolt may fall."
-- Robert Graves

"Whoever no longer finds greatness in God no longer finds it anywhere ..."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

"You say that you are my judge; I do not know if you are; but take good heed not to judge me ill, because you would put yourself in great peril."
-- Joan Of Arc

So, what do the following (in no particular order) have in common?

Nothing Sacred
Relativity
Blind Justice
Gideon's Crossing
Sports Night
Freaks and Geeks
Police Squad
American Dreams
Ed
Davis Rules
Brooklyn Bridge
Homefront
Equal Justice
Bridget Loves Bernie
John Doe
Reasonable Doubt
Pretender
Life with Bonnie
Father of the Pride
Bosom Buddies
Forever Knight
Once and Again
Sisters
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
Touching Evil
Class of 96'
The Handler
Now and Again
Pinky and the Brain
Vanishing Son

These were EXCELLENT shows that I was hopelessly devoted to before those television executive bastards cancelled them. Why do I bother to watch network T.V.? I go back every year and give other shows a chance even when that same network had previously cancelled something that they pulled me into. They made me care... Many were cancelled after cliffhangers. I hate them for it. How can they do this? There should be a regulation that a show must be told of cancellation early on, so that they can wrap up the story line. This is so above the top wrong. I am so sick of it. I really hate them for it.

Networks couldn't careless what the critics say ... what the quality of the show is... No. All they care is about demographics. There is no sense of art or intellectual stimulation demanded. Now a days, reality rules and only the 20 somethings matter.

Today, at the unveiling of the new CBS schedule to 200 ad buyers, Les Moonves, head of CBS, who will henceforth be know as the Valet of Satan, pompously patronized viewers of the critically acclaimed show Joan of Arcadia and insulted anyone who is not in the 18-49 year old demographic. When talking about the new shows that are replacing the old, it went something like this:

Beginning this fall, those shows will be replaced by "Threshold," a sci-fi thriller, and "The Ghost Whisperer," a supernatural drama starring former teen queen Jennifer Love Hewitt as a woman who communicates with the spirit world.

"I think talking to ghosts will skew younger than talking to God," Moonves said at a breakfast news conference with reporters Wednesday.

Oh Valet, God hears you and may he painfully bring down his wrath on your head. I hope you rot in Hell.

Later at the breakfast, when talking about the demographics, it went something like this:

As its rival networks have done all week, CBS pulled out all the stops Wednesday, featuring Moonves himself in a film spoof of the Oscar-winning "Million Dollar Baby."

Moonves, whose image was superimposed in scenes from the actual movie, at one point beseeched Clint Eastwood, who played the gritty boxing coach: "I want you to train me to be the 18-to-49 champ."

In the film clip's climax, Moonves entered a ring before a prize fight. As he shadowboxed, a group of gray-haired female fans cheering him at ringside morphed suddenly into attractive 20-somethings. Gloated Moonves: "Look who's the champ now."

Unbelievable. Disgusting. What a prick... I am highly offended. I am not a demographic, I am a free woman. Don't try to pigeon hole me thinking you know what I would watch or like. They said that the demographic for Joan of Arcadia was 59. I'm not 59. Neither are the Prince Consort or my Ladies-in-Waiting Countess Cigarhead, Marquessa of McDonalds, or the Duchess of Druids. Try to tell the Flame of Cheshire she is 59... I dare you... Are the pollsters waiting outside of Nursing Homes to get these figures? Cripes...

The Devil just showed up to fight with Joan. Her mother just started dreaming of God... What the Hell am I supposed to do now? What was supposed to happen??? Check out all the damn awards the show was nominated for and won! CBS you SUCK...

Oh... and ABC, screw you for canceling Blind Justice... and NBC, you lame ass network... You keep The Office, an abomination of the original, because the rich watch it and then go ahead and cancel another critically acclaimed show, American Dreams? I hope the ever young and filthy rich Dick Clark bitch slaps you hard! Another cliffhanger... Meg took off to Canada with that LOSER... and this is how you leave it?

Networks do horrible in marketing their shows and then they switch the time slots so often that it is like a scavenger hunt just trying to find them. Networks need to give shows a chance.

Here are some shows that were almost cancelled, but were given time to build and audience:

Dick Van Dyke
Hill Street Blues
Seinfeld
M*A*S*H*
Cheers
All in the Family
Happy Days
Hee Haw
Touched By An Angel

Sales of TV shows on DVD are going through the roof. Don't they get why that is? Cause the majority of shows they are keeping on SUCK...

At some point, I hope that people will realize how we are continually getting screwed. The networks don't care about us. All they want is our money. They have no interest in offering educational shows to our children or quality family shows to us. They just keep on pissing on us and telling us it's raining. Well, I am gonna get me an umbrella and may their ad revenues plummet so they don't even have a pot to piss in... (I bet this will be the Dowager Queen's favorite section. She loves when I show my classy side!)

Please feel free to mention in the comment section your favorite shows that were cancelled and if you know of any further shows that were almost cancelled, but ended up being huge. I would love to know.

Stay cool and safe!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Countess Cigarhead, eh?
She sounds pretty hott.

Joan of Arcadia was a good show; and yes, I am sticking with my statement that the devil was hot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0589505/
Check out the trivia under the biography section...

4:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and P.S. How many 20somethings do they expect to stay home on a Friday night at 8 PM and watch TV? It doesn't happen.

4:11 PM EDT  
Blogger Maven said...

If you enjoyed HOmefront, did you dig:

Savannah
Sisters
The Commish
Homicide: Life on the Street

Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason why perfectly good, compelling, well-written shows get cancelled.

11:32 PM EDT  
Blogger Maven said...

And I agree about the pomposity and arrogance that goes on at the network level when they try to figure out the female demographic of what we'd like to view. Me? I'm addicted to police genre: Kojak, Law and Order, and The Shield... and even The Sopranos... I'm addicted!

11:36 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still pissed about Carnivale being put out to pasture! Things were really starting to get cranked up...

Hell, what can I say...I'm still uptight about the cancellation of DangerMouse :)

6:34 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home