.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I LOVE My New Meat Locker!


"O wind, rend open the heat,
cut apart the heat,
rend it to tatters."
-- Hilda Doolittle

"Death rides on every passing breeze..."
-- Reginald Heber


If Death rides on every passing breeze, then I will happily be his bitch. As I have previously posted, I hate the heat. I don't like being hot... well, I mean, temperature hot, not machisma, charisma hot...

The Prince Consort and I finally broke down and bought an air conditioner for our bedroom. It is so hot in there at night... well, you know what I mean... and it is just unbearable to fall asleep in, although, the Prince can fall asleep at anytime. This is an issue for us, so I won't go there. If I did, I would just get angry... Let's just say, he falls asleep quickly and I could strip him and drag him into the middle of the road naked and not once would he wake up. Sometimes I even put my hand under his nose to make sure he is still breathing! *GGRR* Anyhoo, it is tough for me to fall asleep in general, but the heat makes it even harder.

I have included a picture of our new air conditioner, just to bust those who don't have one :) It has a timer that we can set to go on, so that it is nice and cool by the time we go to bed. I highly recommend it! Of course the Republican Princess and her main squeeze have had a similar set up for years. Oh, how I should have followed her lead!

I do have to confess that at work it is still awfully hot and all I did today was fantasize about the frigid air that comes out of our new, beautiful iced baby. I love that machine... I really do. I think I may even like more than the cat... Well I won't go that far, but it is close! I have to be brave... the Prince and I agreed that we would only turn it on at night, so as not to run up too bad of an electric bill. (Utto, I have a feeling that the Dowager Queen is going to take exception with the grammar in that last sentence.)

I do have a sinking feeling that it will end up being our little bunker. It's only June, so we may breakdown by the August heat wave. But I must remain stalwart and valiant!

Stay Cool and Safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home