.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

¡Los Cumpleaños Felices a Zorra de Virginiano!


"To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am."
-- Bernard Baruch

"You know I like my girls a little bit ohder!"
-- The Virginian Vixen (Back in the day.)

"Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one's nearest kin."
-- Proverbs 18:24

"Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there."
-- Judith Viorst


So, the Virginian Vixen turned 3010 today. Yes, she is younger... I have been thinking about her all day today. Not that I don't think of her often, but we have always made a big deal with our birthdays.

We have known each other since 6th grade and I would say, have been good friends since 7th grade, but best friends since high school. She and the Enforcer moved down to Virginia in (I think) 1992. I actually think that I have blocked out the year. Anyhoo, I still miss her awful. She, the Enforcer, and their gorgeous little daughter have made a lovely life for themselves down there.

Even after all this time, it saddens me not to see her everyday. You see, we were practically conjoined at the hip back in the salad days. We did everything together. We vacationed together, lived together, sang together, ate together, celebrated holidays together, mocked others together, and of course, here is the big one, drank together.

This went on for a number of years. We were like Laverne and Shirley. Yes we were them one Halloween. There was one golden Summer, where our apartment was the place to be before and after our time out at our favorite bar. Actually, I think it went on for longer than a Summer. From Thursday to Sunday, we worshipped Dionysus.

We understood each other so much, that we finished each others sentences and didn't have to explain anything to each other. We just knew. The connection was really a gift. I do think at one point, there may have been whispers about us. Of course, that was nipped in the bud when our penchant for playing drunken tongue tag with some juicy piece of man candy became public ;)

We had so much fun. I pine for those days more than I should. No responsibility, just fun, fun, fun... The memories are as crystal clear as if they happened yesterday. We both have made new friends, but no one will ever mean more or be as close to me as she. I will always be Wilma to her Betty and I will always cherish the memory of her waving that $1 bill over my head up in Montréal. BTW... I bet Abdul the Tool was a terrorist!

So, thanks for being born and may you be blessed with many, many years of healthy life. And may I fall in a big ass pile of money, so we can visit you every month!

Stay cool and safe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to say that I am just now getting back to your Blog to read your posts since May! I have to say, Beaner, that in this birthday post you have absolutely captured how I feel about YOU. Not a day goes by that I dont miss you and end up laughing about something we did back in the day. You are the sister God forgot to give me - except without all the family feud garbage:P

oh, and you are right, my daughter is lovely:) See you in a couple weeks!!!!

10:05 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home