.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Monday, June 13, 2005

"It's not the heat, but the humidity..." Yeah, yeah... screw you.


"What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."
-- Jane Austen

"They do not sweat and whine about their condition"
-- Walt Whitman

"If I wanted to feel what Vietnam was like, I would have frickin' gone there!"
-- Queen of the Land

I am hot... damn hot... and Walt, all I can DO is sweat and whine about my condition. I have pretty much wilted over the past few days. It is muggy, icky, and it is pissing me off. I don't like the heat... I never said I liked the heat. The heat sucks. I do not worship Ra. This is why I live in New England, to get away from the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!

The Einsteins who built the college that I work at failed to add an air conditioning system to their plans. Needless to day, one oscillating fan does not make for a happy, cool, calm, and collected Queen.

Another thing... I absolutely adore the Prince Consort, but if he says one more time "You don't know what hot is", I may have to hurt him. I have yet to respond with "Bite me", but I am pretty close. It is my love for him that I keep in perspective that he was born in Alabama, so he does know hot. I have been to Marion in the Summer and it certainly does make Hell seem like an Alaskan cruise... well, my idea of what Hell would be.

He did gleefully point out to me that it is hotter here right now than it is in Alabama. And how is this suppose to entertain me or make me feel better?

I think a better comment could have been, "Oh dear, let me get you an ice cold Michelob Light and I will rub your feet while a naked Roy Keane and Alan Smith fan you with palm fronds." Yes, that would have been more appropriate, don't you agree?

Even Roy and Alan are giving thumbs up to the idea! ;) Hee...hee... I do amuse myself.

Once I get out of my heat funk and become less busy during the evening hours, I will get back to posting regularly.

Stay cool and safe... oh, and Bro' don't even think about bringing up Hawaiian heat... I WILL hurt you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problems with the heat here, m'dear :)

75 degrees with a nice tradewind...so there :P

10:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Queen of the Land said...

Dink :-Þ

5:58 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home