.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Thursday, July 07, 2005

They will not win...


"I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others -- that is why you are so dangerous... But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."
-- Ken Livingstone, London Mayor

"It is important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose extremism on the world."
-- Tony Blair

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
-- Winston Churchill


Today really sucked for Great Britain. Once again, they showed their backbone and have gone on with their day. I don't think we in the U.S. really understand what it is like living with a very real, imminent threat of terrorism on a daily basis. We experienced 9/11, but I don't think it can be compared to what Great Britain has suffered during their long history. To England, I wonder if it seems like just another day. Having to live with the threat of IRA terrorism for eons and having experienced destruction before, during, and after the Blitz must have given them a lovely and admirable stiff upper lip.

In watching the news, everyone seemed so calm. I have such admiration and sympathy for their plight. I think that the Prince Consort and I have actually taken the underground at King's Crossing and Russell Square. Quite unsettling. Even back then in 2000, all the tube stations had several Bobbies and they were vigilant. I imagine after 9/11 and Madrid, their vigilance was cranked up a notch. Well, I imagine it will get even more cranked.

I wonder if the terrorist will ever get it. They will never win. We are tough and love our freedom too much. As Winnie said: "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." Give it up, you misogynistist demon bastards...

Our thoughts and prayers are with British. Thank you for being such a friend to us here in the States. Now it is our turn to return the favor. God Bless!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home