.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Monday, July 10, 2006

Food for Thought...


"In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die?"
-- The Smiths, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

"If I hadn't seen such riches
I could live with being poor."
-- James, Sit Down

"You’ve got to search for the hero inside yourself,
Search for the secrets you hide.
Search for the hero inside yourself
Until you find the key to your life."
-- M People, Search for the Hero

"... forgiveness is giving up all hope of having a different past..."
"... then I remembered this basic religious principle that God isn't there to take away our suffering or pain but to fill it with his or her presence..."
-- Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies


So, I have been in a thoughtful phase. Maybe I am going through some sort of midlife crisis... although, my "Glinda" Nana did live until 101, so I am still quite far from midlife if I go by her standard. BTW, is it just me or does everyone have a "nice" and a "mean" grandmother?

I have been relentlessly listening to a mix CD I made from the songs used in the Manchester Passion and have been reading a non-fiction, which I NEVER DO! Both of these instances have brought some interesting lyrics and author musings my way.

The above lyrics/quotes I found especially interesting and thought provoking. I was going to discuss my interpretations, epiphanies they brought, but then I thought... no. Someone may have a different spin then I did and I wanted people to have a fresh, objective, reading.

I know that these are not complex or Kantian quotes/lyrics, but sometimes the simplest things have the biggest impact.

So enjoy!

BTW... What was Zinedine Zidane thinking? What did Marco Materazzi call him a Frog? Get a grip! What a disgrace and disappointment!

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home