.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Sunday, September 18, 2005

"...the day will come when man will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside but in the councils of the nation."


"I vote for the future of my country. I hope the old times never come back."
-- Fahima, Afghani female teacher and voter

"I am so happy to see all these women coming out of their homes to vote ... At the entrance candidates were trying to tell them to vote for them but the women said, 'It's my choice'..."
-- Shahida Hussein, Afghani candiate and voter



Over the weekend, Afghanistan had their parlimentary elections. Once again, the women braved threats and reprisals to vote!

You go ladies! To read more click: Here.

Stay cool and safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home