.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Here, I'm always right ...

Here, I'm always right. Here, I am The Queen of the Land. Here, my opinion reigns supreme!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The World

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Stealing a post idea from my favorite soldier... Hee,hee!


"Books won’t stay banned. They won’t burn. Ideas won’t go to jail. In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost."
-- Alfred Whitney Griswold

"What I feel most moved to write, that is banned,—it will not pay. Yet, altogether, write the other way I cannot. So the product is a final hash, and all my books are botches."
-- Herman Melville

"Free speech is not to be regulated like diseased cattle and impure butter. The audience … that hissed yesterday may applaud today, even for the same performance."
-- William O. Douglas, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, Dissenting opinion in 5-4 ruling that banned sale of obscene books, June 24, 1957

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."
-- Scout, To Kill A Mockingbird

My witty and talented CyBro had a GREAT post today that reminded me of something that I had forgotten was coming up. September 24th to October 1st is Banned Books Week. In his post, he gives a portion of the list of banned books and it just amazes me what is included. Make sure you check it out. Thank the Lord we have come a long way! Just thought you all might like to know that the Prince Consort and my favorite banned book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Stay cool and safe and read a banned book this week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, hopefully others will be as outraged and amazed...

7:49 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home